Convenient, Sustainable, and Affordable Moving Options
Moving from one home to another can be stressful, but there are options that can help reduce your stress while also saving time, money, and the environment! One of those options is to hire a professional organizer to do your packing and unpacking. Another is to rent eco-friendly moving boxes to move your belongings.
I recently had the opportunity to use a local service while providing professional packing services for a client. As a professional organizer, I can say that using these boxes is a game-changer for many reasons, which we’ll look at below.
Reusable containers are not only environmentally-friendly, convenient, and sturdy but also very affordable. While each company has slightly different pricing structures, the cost of renting boxes is comparable to purchasing cardboard boxes.
Packing and Unpacking Service in Vancouver
Each company suggests how many boxes are needed based on the size of your home. This takes the guesswork out of what you’ll need to pack & move. By having the correct number of containers delivered to your door, you won’t need to waste time going to purchase more boxes mid-pack or having to return extra unused boxes to the store. You also eliminate the need for rolls and rolls of tape saving you time and money (and the frustration of trying to find scissors to open the boxes!)
The reusable plastic boxes are incredibly sturdy and nest on top of each other, so there’s less chance of breakage or damage from boxes getting squished. Some companies include zip-ties with the boxes; however, you do not need to use them. The boxes are very secure when closed and, because they nest together, won’t flip or roll.
Each company delivers cleaned and sanitized containers right to your door and will pick them up from your new home when you’re finished with them.
Dollies are either included with or can be added to your rental. Dollies not only cut down on packing and moving time because you can move more than one box at once, but they are also a back-saver! Simply stack an empty box on the dolly, pack, close, and stack the next!
If you are in the Vancouver area, there are three options to consider. While very similar, each offers slightly different options, some of which are listed below. If you use the packing and unpacking services of your professional organizer be sure to discuss with them which option may be right for you.
- – dolly included
- – zip-tie secure locking lid; zip-ties and labels included
- – easy online ordering process
- – currently only available for moves within Vancouver, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster, and Delta
- Box Pros
- – highly-rated with many customer reviews
- – dollies and labels included
- – all-in-one moving and storage company (for select locations)
- – packages and prices not prominently displayed on their website
- Frog Box
- – offer inter-city moves as long as they have locations in both cities
- – offer short and long-term storage
- – water-resistant boxes
- – dollies are not included but are available to rent at an extra cost So if you want to save time, money, and the environment while making your next move as stress-free as possible, then it’s time to consider hiring packing professionals. We would be happy to help you find the best option for reusable, sustainable products and services and take the guesswork, frustration, and stress out of your upcoming move.