https://harmonyhomeorganizing.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/one_kings_lane_catescloset_book-cover-face.jpg 700 1066 webadmin https://harmonyhomeorganizing.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/HHOlogo-white-300x103.png webadmin2021-01-29 13:02:252021-04-17 00:30:07How to organize papers, books and art items?
How to organize papers, books and art items?
- obtain color coded folders and document storage trays,
- organize your bills conveniently – those needed to be kept for a long time and those that need to be disposed of shortly (1-2 weeks),
- set up a system that is understandable to all family members for sorting and storing documents that periodically enter your home,
- your system should be easy to access able to track outdated documents.
- tidy up the desk or the place that is relevant to you,
- study ergonomics of the workplace – and you can apply these principles both at home and in the workplace,
- organize your desk according to the rules,
- organize and declutter your desk drawers,
- organize educational materials in an understandable system: abstracts, handouts from conferences, magazines and newspapers, magazine clippings,
- consider scanning everything and storing them digitally in an organized manner,
- organize your stationery.
- learn to say goodbye to unnecessary books,
- organize the storage of books by category,
- learn the principles of book organizing.
Creativity and sentimental items
- sort through photos, postcards, diaries, questionnaires, sentimental memos, souvenirs, gifts, etc.
- Learn to say goodbye to sentimental things,
- organize photos with adequate labeling,
- organize crafts and hobby supplies by categories such as fabrics, threads, ribbons, buttons.
- Consider making your own creative corner,
- make decisions regarding unfinished art or hobby projects.